As Instagram launch their new feature, Instagram Stories, I thought I’d share my own ‘story’ of using the social media app.
I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks – I was loathe to join previously, thinking it was nothing more than pouting girls and another outlet for Kardashian exploits. Well it is that, if you choose to follow them, but I’ve found that I’m quite enjoying the quickness of sharing and viewing (some incredible) photography from around the world.
Things I’ve learned so far:
- Selfies, feet and food still dominate.
- People follow to follow then sod off again when you don’t want to join their 10K+ throng.
- The filters are pretty.
- In most cases, don’t believe #nofilter.
- Hashtags are as important as tagging blog posts.
- There’s not a sense of community like the blogosphere.
- 5pm (GMT) is one of the best times to post.
- It has done nothing to boost traffic to the blog.
- I reckon most people have bought their followers.
That last point may sound bitter… it’s not, I’m simply baffled how someone can have 3,000 followers yet only have five posts: two selfies, a cat, a bowl of porridge and their hands in a heart shape. Purchased for sure.
Anywho, for the most part, I’ve been sharing images that have previously appeared on the blog but I’ve tried to mix it up a little as one or two of you are following along (thanks!)
So the ones here are those that have been ‘Insta Exclusives’. Well, if you discount Twitter and Facebook… (and one or two I’ll most likely put on IG this week).
As for their new feature, I’ve not used it yet but I hear it’s like Snapchat (hence why Snapper Chatterers are up in arms). Not that I can comment, as I don’t do Snapchat. But then I said that about Insta… so expect to see me wearing some cat ears around 2019!
What’s your relationship with Instagram? Are you a fan? Let me know in the comments. Oooh, and if you’d like to follow, you can find me on Instagram @aloadabobbins or by clicking the link at the bottom. Have a great Wednesday! 🙂
Image Credits: All my own.