This is an impromptu post due to having a lovely surprise this evening (albeit hiding itself in a missed comment!). Charlotte from deviantdaydream has very kindly nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers’ Award (thankyou!). Not only is it very exciting, especially when I’m so new to blogging (it’s my first nomination), but it also has a cool name…although I feel a need to bust out the travelling pants 😉 However, Charlotte is even newer than me to the blogosphere so make sure you check out her writing too.
- Answer questions set by the person who nominates you.
- Nominate and notify 10 other bloggers (I’m guessing it has to be ladies based on award title? Sorry gents :/)
- Ask them 10 new questions.
- Morning bird or night owl?
Neither really, more a mid-day mockingbird! I struggle to wake up early and love an early night too. But I do love the stillness of very early mornings, plus it reminds me of holidays and leaving for an airport 🙂
- Favourite food?
Macaroni Cheese is the comfort food I’d always opt for if it was to be my last meal ever.
- What’s your favourite season?
Without a doubt Autumn – the colours and the warm still evenings of early Autumn. Plus Halloween, our local fair and Bonfire Night…love it!
- Favourite movie?
So many for so many different reasons. If you’d asked which genre, it would be sci-fi and fantasy. However, the one film I still love and have watched time and again is Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Huge Audrey Hepburn fan 🙂
- Favourite book?
Again, too many to choose from! But the one I remember loving from childhood and for sentimental reasons that it was bought by my Nana, it would have to be The Hobbit.
- Best memory?
Not sure it’s my best memory, but certainly a great one. Sitting in a cinema with my mum watching ET and blubbering away when he falls ill. The teenage boys sitting further along from us were mocking us for crying. That was until ET has to finally go home…then guess who was sobbing over their popcorn?! It was such a great day out with my mum and fuelled my love of cinema from an early age.
- How do you relax?
Everything is right in the world after a large teacup with honey 🙂 However, I like to look at the sky a lot (clouds relax me) and morning drives to work are much more blissful listening to classical music.
- Why did you get into blogging?
Quite honestly, it was a fad (hence my blog tagline!) and something borne out of being slightly bored one night. I have a lot to say about nothing but enjoy writing. I didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much as I have though!
- Most used app on your phone?
Well it used to be Facebook…but now it comes second to WordPress!
- If you had 1 million pounds, what would you do with it?
After paying off any debts and making sure our families are OK, I’d take S on a tour of volcanoes in Iceland, Hawaii and New Zealand. If there was any left over, I’d stash some for our retirement and put the rest towards building an eco-shed or Hobbit hole to hide in!
- Marta Frant
- Mud and Nettles
- Ordinary Adventures
- Jane’s Patisserie
- A New Thing A Day Keeps The Boredom Away
- Glimmer of Happiness
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- Who would win in a fight – bear or lion?
- Which fictional character would you be and why?
- Which is your favourite period in history?
- What’s your most annoying habit?
- Beer, wine or spirits?
- What was the last thing you listened to?
- Name 3 objects you can’t live without.
- Heels, flats or flip-flops?
- What’s the most exciting place you’ve visited?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Thanks again to Charlotte for the nomination – I look forward to hearing my nominees answers! 🙂 x